The first step in moving to a new home is finding the best new home builders near me in Waynesboro, PA. That’s the easy part when you choose Burkentine Builders. After that, you have a lengthy list of tasks to complete. We’re here to make the moving process a little easier with our new home moving checklist!
New Home Moving Checklist
When you buy a home from the best new home builders in Waynesboro, PA, you know that there are many not so fun tasks to complete before you can be fully settled in your new home. But what needs to go on that list? Grab a notepad or open your notes app and let’s get started!
- Declutter and Donate: Make it your goal not to take anything to your new home in Waynesboro, PA that you don’t need or want. Not only will this help to get settled faster, but you’ll save time and money by moving fewer items.
- Find a Moving Company: Get quotes, check reviews, and book a moving company. You can hire movers to help you with packing or just to transport your belongings from your old home to your new home. Make sure whoever you hire comes highly recommended and has the necessary licenses and insurance for a smooth move.
- Change Your Address: Notify your utility companies that you need to transfer service and update your address and forward mail with the post office. Update your information with financial institutions and any subscriptions or services.
- Get Packing Supplies: Before moving, you’ll need boxes, tape, bubble wrap, and other packing materials. These can be purchased from a moving company or you may be able to find used materials for free through a local Facebook group. Start packing non-essential items early to save time and stress.
- Label Your Boxes: Clearly label each box and which room it goes to. This makes unpacking easier and helps movers know where to put your boxes.
- Create an Essentials Box: This should include everything you need the first night in your new home. Common items to include are sheets and towels, toiletries, tools, important documents, cleaning supplies, and basic dishes.
- Schedule a Pre-Move In Walk Through: If you’re able, visit your new home the day before moving to ensure it’s clean and all utilities are working. This allows you to quickly address any last minute issues with the best new builder in Waynesboro, PA.
- Prepare Kids and Pets: Moving can be stressful for kids and pets. Make arrangements for pets for moving day and prioritize setting up a safe space for them. Involve kids in packing and consider making an essential box just for them with favorite toys and comfort items that are easy to access quickly as you unpack.
By tackling these tasks prior to moving day, you’ll reduce stress and have a smoother transition into your new home!
Best New Home Builders in Waynesboro, PA
If you are looking for a new construction townhome in Waynesboro, PA, Farmspring Estates may be the home you are looking for. We offer two and three-story open concept floorplans ideal for individuals or growing families. Our units feature modern fixtures and single car garages. When you join the Farmspring Estates community, you’ll enjoy a beautiful new home with stunning mountain views. Step outside to explore our walking paths, mingle in the recreation center, and relax at the pool. With prices starting in the $200,000’s we offer an affordable option for those looking to downsize or start their journey of home ownership.
To learn more about available units in this growing community, call our sales office at 717-698-2614. We can’t wait to welcome you to Farmspring Estates from Burkentine Builders!